Home Health Workers
Employment Attorneys for Home Health Workers in Philadelphia
Many home health companies violate the wage and hour rights of their workers. Over the years, our firm has recovered unpaid wages for hundreds of home health employees.
Home health aids, caregivers, certified nurse assistants (CNAs), visiting nurses, licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs), and therapists are often paid an hourly wage (for example, $10 per hour) but do not receive extra “time-and-one-half” overtime pay when they work over 40 hours in a week. Instead, they get paid straight-time for their overtime work. This is almost always illegal.
Other home health workers — especially visiting nurses, LPNs, RNs, and therapists — are paid “by the visit.” These employees are led to believe that they are not entitled to overtime pay because they are not paid an hourly wage — this belief is often mistaken. In fact, many home health employees are entitled to overtime pay, even if they are paid by the visit.
In addition, many home health employees are not paid for the time they spend driving between clients’ homes or for the time they spend preparing charts or other paperwork from home at the end of the day. Employees are generally entitled to be paid for all client-to-client travel time and for time spent working from home.
“Have significant experience in similar matters under the [Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act]” - Torres v. Brandsafway Indus. LLC, 2023 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 10631, at *8 (W.D. Pa. Jan. 20, 2023).
“I highly recommend this law firm.” - Brandon
“I highly recommend contacting them to discuss your case.” - Tanya
Here are a few examples of our firm’s successes in representing home health employees:
- $300,000 for home health aides and CNAs employed by a Pittsburgh, PA home health company
- $3 million for visiting nurses employed by a multi-state company
- $24,300 for a home health aide in Lebanon County, PA
- $2.34 million for Pennsylvania home health aides and CNAs employed by a national home health provider
- $145,000 for home health aides employed by a Luzerne County, PA home health company
- $40,000 for employees of a Bucks County, PA home health company
- $67,500 for a group of behavioral therapists working for a Montgomery County, PA psychiatric care provider
- $60,000 for caregivers employed by a Gaithersburg, MD home health company
- $90,000 for case managers employed by a Chester County, PA mental health provider
- $125,000 for a group of Allentown, PA home health aides
At Winebrake & Santillo, our lawyers are dedicated to protecting the rights of workers and helping them get the compensation they deserve. For more information, call (215) 866-1551 or contact us online.